Sunday, November 25, 2007

Woodstove wall

The cultured stone arrived on Thursday so I had a job for the weekend. Luckily Al showed up to give me a hand. The cultured stone will be behind my woodstove. Below is the process. first I had to put up some cement board.


.

Then we layed out the stone according to size and shape.

We then screwed some wood to the floor in the shape of the wall so we could lay out the stone. It was quite the jigsaw puzzle.

It took us the entire day to fit all the pieces together. The goal is to make it look random. I think we achieved it.

Then we moved the stone, one by one, and cemented them to the wall.
.
.
Almost there......
We did it! Thanks for your help Al.
It was alot of work, but I am really happy with the end result.
Now I need to pick the tile for the hearth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I think the collection should prepare more info then it has.